Job Description and Responsibilities:
Irreno Construction is currently accepting applications for a motivated, reliable, full-time Superintendent; Residential and Commercial experience is required for this position. Irreno Construction prides itself on quality performance and timely results. We are seeking a leader who will set the example with a positive attitude and superior work ethic. The following list outlines the main responsibilities for this position but may not include all duties required of this position.
- Supervise, coordinate, monitor attendance, and delegate daily tasks for a crew of 3-15 construction employees.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing and mobilizing staff, materials and subcontractors to meet progression schedule.
- Monitor project expenditures and ensure costs remain within budget.
- Demonstrate proven ability to manage ground operations of a project from planning to completion.
- Proven ability to supervise multiple projects effectively.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize and supervise all aspects of the project, including sub-trades.
- Inspect and approve all sub-contractors’ work
- Supervise the safe use of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure work is done safely and that quality control is up to company standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Discretion as well as a strong sense of customer service is essential due to a close working relationship with clients including progress meetings as well as work within occupied spaces.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Ensure all Project Managers are apprised of construction progress, concerns and deviations from plans or established schedule.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment – high aptitude in math as well as problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to keep organized electronic and written records, record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports, and draft professional emails. Including but not limited to: Daily Construction Reports and Job Tickets.
- Implement change order requests and ensure accurate tracking of additional work performed.
- Train and assist workers using hand tools or other equipment when necessary.
- Resolve onsite issues with expediency and tact.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment before use, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Work with Project Manager to finalize all inspections.
- Must be reliable and prompt, with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment.
- Prompt attendance as well as a positive attitude.
- Ability to work 10+ hour days when needed.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
- Must be computer proficient, having demonstrated intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Word and Excel and other applications necessary to monitor and report.
- Good physical condition and stamina.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Standing 90% of the day.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, bend and climb.
- Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
Education – Skills – Knowledge – Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years Commercial/Residential construction experience preferred
- Experience managing crews and subcontractors preferred
- Knowledgeable in construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines.
- Training certificates will be considered an asset.
- Valid Class G License (at a minimum) is required with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- High school diploma, GED or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.) preferred. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug test, and clean criminal record subject to background check.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Irreno Construction is an EEO & E-Verify Employer; and we prohibit discrimination against all qualified individuals.